Monday, September 21, 2015

An Extraordinary Week of Celebration

by Robert "Bob" Lewandowski

I want to wish everyone a Happy Monday of Homecoming 2015. I am excited about my first Homecoming here at Colstrip. One thing is for sure, I've been through a few Homecomings, but each school and district celebrate a little different. The week has already started itself off with a note of the unusual and EXTRAORDINARY. This morning around mile marker 35, on Highway 39,  I saw 5 large mule deer bucks running. I slowed down to measure them up (one might have scored 160 Boone and Crockett). At any rate, I was thinking to myself that it is always good to see wild life, but why were they running? As soon as my eyes came back to the highway, there stood a 6X6 bull elk right at the side of the road. He was magnificent. Even though I have harvested larger bulls, it was great seeing such an EXTRAORDINARY animal on the way to work. I am just glad I didn’t hit it! I slowed to photograph him and I couldn’t get off the road and my camera out in time.

Highway 39 Sightings:
  • August 19: Bear; Mile Marker 37
  • September 21: Bull Elk (6X6); Mile Marker 35
  • EVERYDAY: Deer: EVERY Mile Marker (LOL).

I thought I would share and wish each of you and EXTRAORDINARY WEEK OF CELEBRATION! 

GO COLTS! GO FILLIES! 

MAKE DUST OR EAT DUST!

"Get out in front and stay there!"

No comments:

Post a Comment